Legal Fair’s achievements through more than ten years clearly express superiority in the different fields of law. While achieving this success; Legal Fair passed through many obstacles and crises with our clients, whether such obstacles and crises were about shortage of time, difficulty of implementation or a situation in which the clients’ needs contradict with the outward of laws’ provisions and governmental decrees.
Further; Legal Fair’s achievements were not only limited to passing the clients’ challenges, but also included obtaining special and critical exceptions for our clients that took the form of governmental decrees so that it could constitute a general rule that is applicable to all other similar cases.
Moreover; Legal Fair’s unique and innovating way has become a method to be followed by other law firms, which made Legal Fair considered as an advanced law school that issues different methods in the way of implementing the legal and procedural duties.
While documenting Legal Fair’s achievements through the past decade, we found that they are too many to be counted; especially most of achievements are based on long stories and some of them contain confidential data and details such as clients’ names and their data. Accordingly; we’ll state some of Legal Fair’s greatest achievements as follows:-
Some of Legal Fair’s greatest achievements with our clients
- Establishment of UCS Egypt Company (an IT Russian company) in only one working day including getting all the establishment documents including the tax card.
- Establishment of Stock Market Kafr El-Sheikh for fishes Company (an Egyptian Joint Stock Company) founded by 450 shareholders in only five working days.
- Establishment of SKG Sangha Egypt (an Indian Company) working in the field of renewable energy as a part of one of the United Nations programs that aims to use the Renewable energy such as the wind and solar energy to support the Egyptian economy.
- Excluding El Sanabel El Zahabeya (a Syrian Company working in bakery industry) from getting the Preliminary Approval from the General Authority for Industrial Development “IDA”, and hence the company was established under the provisions of the law of investment guarantees and incentives no. 8 of 1997 in only three working days.
- Handling the procedures of the Extra-Ordinary General Assembly Meeting “EGM” of the Egyptian Indian Company for Polyester (Free Zone Joint Stock Company) held for increasing the company’s capital. The Company had to use the increased amount before holding the EGM, the procedures started by drafting the EGM documents followed by getting all required approvals and attending the technical discussions in the Economic Performance Committee ending with legalizing the EGM and updating the company’s commercial register with the new increment, in only 21 working days.
- Handling the procedures of the Extra-Ordinary General Assembly Meeting “EGM” of Samsung Electronics Egypt (Egyptian Joint Stock Company) held for forming customs warehouses inside the companies’ factory for export and import, the procedures started by drafting the EGM documents followed by getting all required approvals till legalizing the EGM and updating the company’s commercial register with the new activity in only two working days.
- Getting temporary work permits for 40 uneducated foreign workers during the construction time of Galaxy Chemicals Egypt (Egyptian Joint Stock Company – Indian Nationality); in order to set-up some technical works in the project.
- Implementing all the procedures related to Marico Egypt factory – Indian company – on an area of 10,000 M2, works in the field of hair care products industry (Parachute creams and oils), starting from reserving and receiving the industrial land in Sadat city going through getting all required approvals till getting the operation license and industrial register adding to that connecting all the temporary utilities to the project (electricity, water and sewage) during the construction period and then connecting the permanent utilities required for the factory’s operation. All such steps have been done as planned in 6 months during which we saved about 800,000 EGP of the project’s cost. The challenge was that we had to start the factory’s operation in such little period of time (only 6 months) so that the factory can get benefit from the tax exemption for 10 years, since such tax exemption has been canceled in 2007 by the amendment of the law of investment guarantees and incentives no. 8 of 1997 knowing that the authorities gave the serious investors a grace period ended by the end of June 2008 in order to complete their projects and start operation, noting that we have received the project’s land on November 2007.
- Implementing all the procedures related to Galaxy Chemicals Egypt factory in Attaqa Free Zone in Suez on an area of 56000 m2, starting from receiving the land in Attaqa going through getting all required licenses and approvals till getting the operation license adding to that connecting all the temporary and permanent utilities to the project (Electricity, Water, Natural Gas, Diesel and Sewage) during the construction period and required for the factory’s operation. And also the execution of all the administrative tasks during the construction period of the factory such as the purchasing, accounts, HR, crises management and others such as renting guest houses and transportation means for the foreigners. The factory started the operation in 18 months knowing that the progress of the project was interrupted by the events of the 25th of January revolution, and during such period we saved a cost of two million EGP.
- Implementing all the procedures related to Dabur Egypt factory – Indian company – in 10th of Ramadan City on an area of 20000 m2, works in cosmetics industry known by Dabur Amla and Dabur Vattika products, starting from getting all the required approvals and licenses till getting the operation license and the industrial register adding to that connecting all the temporary and permanent utilities to the project (Electricity, Water, and Sewage) during the construction period and required for the factory’s operation. It is worth to be mentioned that we could renew the grace period granted by IDA more than once and hence we succeeded to avoid liquidating the letter of guarantee provided by the factory in the favor of IDA, the matter that could have caused a great loss to the company reach to one million EGP. Noting that the project has been executed during only 15 months knowing that the progress of the project was interrupted by the events of the 25th of January revolution.
- Settling the legal situation of all approvals and licenses of Hair code & Fiancée (cosmetics companies) and amending the legal form of the company including the production expansion and also merging the two plants of Fiancée in only three months.
- Drafting a Memorandum of Understanding and an unnamed contract professionally for a reputable company that works in cars manufacturing. Such contract has been concluded between five parties from three different countries to be entered into force in the Arab Republic of Egypt. It is worth to be mentioned that Legal Fair played a significant role in the negotiations among all parties that led to saving huge amounts of money for this company and securing its Legal position.
- In the field of collecting due debts; millions of Egyptian Pounds were collected by virtue of 482 bank cheques, credit receipts, and promissory notes against more than 298 companies and persons during a period of 27 months using all amicable and legal ways in this regard.
- In the litigation field; Legal Fair handled more than 1321 lawsuit only during the period from 2004 till 2014 with a success percentage of 96%.
- In the field of Export Support and Development Fund; one of our clients is a reputable company in a free zone claiming to get support fund for their exports of different kinds. Legal Fair sets a time plan starting from completing the registration formalities in the Export Support Fund going through submitting and following exports files till receiving the bank cheques, this company could get more than Five millions Egyptian Pounds as an export support during only two years.
- The Legal consultations field is the richest field, we provided more than 11000 consultations to our clients from 2004 till 2014, can be divided into about 6000 consultations provided out of our past legal experiences, and about 3000 consultations that demanded research and inquiries at different governmental authorities in order to get the accurate practical legal advice that serves our clients, and finally about 2000 consultations based on deep research led to prepare a detailed study for a certain case. Such studies resulted in a critical amendment in the business plans. Further; Legal Fair honorably deals with many respectable companies only in providing them with legal advices and consultations since such companies have internal legal departments work as per our advices and directions.
Remarkable Achievements led to a change in the Governmental Regulations and Decrees
- Legal Fair contribution in amending the governmental regulations followed to temporarily recruit foreigners to work in projects under construction, a governmental decree was issued from the Ministry of Manpower and Immigration to exclude the projects under construction from the constraints on the temporary recruitment of foreigners without being restricted by (1:10) rule, that’s for each foreigner there have to be 10 Egyptian employees registered in the company’s social insurance.
- That exception issued when the Manpower Ministry rejected the temporary recruitment of a big number of foreigners to one of Legal Fair’s Clients to complete some works during the construction period, Legal Fair intervened and negotiated with all concerned authorities and submitted requests and suggestions that have been discussed in a lot of technical meetings till the above mentioned decree was issued. Legal Fair has contributed in setting the criterion and constraints of such decree “exception” within the frame of applying the applicable laws.
- A decree was issued from the Ministry of Trade and Industry to exempt all industrial projects established under the system of Public and Private Free Zones from getting the industrial approvals and industrial register, in addition to issuing a recommendation letter from the Ministry of Investment directed to all the governmental authorities obligating them to implement the above mentioned decree issued by the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- That decree was issued since one of Legal Fairs’ clients working under the system of Free Zones faced many obstacles by many governmental authorities because some of such authorities ask the industrial projects in Egypt to submit the technical approvals issued from IDA and the industrial register as one of the required documents to execute any procedure such as connecting utilities to the project, precisely connecting the natural gas or getting a private license or registering the project in one of the governmental authorities such as Export Support Fund.
- Out of Legal Fair’s vision; all industrial projects that work under the free zones system are subject only to the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones and not any other governmental authorities due to its unique characteristics as defined by the law number 8 for of 1997, we in Legal Fair did our best to prove such clear vision through submitting many objections and requests that explain the situation, and through arranging many meetings with different governmental authorities, all that led to persuading the Ministry of Trade and Industry and IDA to issue such decree that became useful to all other Free Zones projects whether Public or Private Free Zones.
Legal Fair’s role in promotion to foreign investment in Egypt
- Right after Revolution of January 2011; Egypt faced a great challenge of wiping out the foreign investors’ fears whether in terms of continuity of their projects or of starting new business in Egypt. Consequently Legal Fair’s role in carrying out its expected national duty appeared.
- Legal Fair constituted a specialized team to organize events in India in coordination with the Egyptian Embassy in India aiming at promoting the foreign investments in Egypt and standing up to the investors’ fears and answering their inquiries regarding the stability of the Egyptian security and economic situation. Further; Legal Fair explained that one of the major goals of the Egyptian revolution is to improve the investment atmosphere in Egypt and provide different facilities to the investors and remove all obstacles that disturb them.
- The success of such events appeared in attracting a reputable Indian investor – Jesons Industries; working in the paints and textile fields – to invest in a free zone in Egypt.